Company Email Implementation
Email has become a critical and integral part of the communication and information flows of many SMEs for some time now. It brings with it a host of new problems; dealing with storage limits, periodic backups, problematic PST files, access to old emails and regulatory compliance or eDiscovery requests just to name a few. Failure to address these problems effectively can bring serious repercussions. That is why a cohesive strategy for expansion, acceptable use and implementation is decided as soon as possible and reviewed regularly.
You may be a new company looking to start using email for the first time, or a more established business that has outgrown its current email environment.
Wanwise can discuss your business needs and then tailor an effective email solution that will encompass growth and business continuity. Such a strategy may include some or all of the following elements:
- Centralised email server for single-point receipt of all corporate emails (e.g. for registered Internet domain(s))
- Direct inbound and outbound delivery from a central email server to/from the Internet
- Secure webmail access via a web browser from anywhere on the Internet
- Sharing calendar information
- Shared inboxes
- Delegating inbox access to other staff members (e.g. p.a. access to a Director's email)
- Shared public folders (e.g. for specific projects)
- Mobile access via smartphones (e.g. Blackberry, IPhone, Android)
- Standardised email signatures
- Backup of all company email data
- Email archiving
- Failover MX records to a fallback mail repository in the event that the primary email server is "offline" for any reason
- Staff acceptable use policy and guidance notes on how to use corporate email resources
- Security, including control and filtering of spam, phishing and virus-infected emails
- Bulk email delivery (e.g. for marketing campaigns, and to avoid being listed as a "spammer")
So if you would like expert advice on how to get started with setting up business email, or want to discuss your current email environment (or related ongoing issues), please contact Wanwise today.